HTML clipboardThe Red Hat Certification Program is Red Hat’s professional certification program for Red Hat and general Linux related skills such as system administration on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Red Hat certifications are indisputably regarded as the best in Linux, and perhaps, according to some, in all of IT. The tests are hands-on and involve troubleshooting, installation, and system administration.
There are no multiple-choice questions, and everything is done on a live system. Often there is more than one way to configure a service or troubleshoot a problem, and the exam focuses on the end results, not the process that was taken to achieve that result. The most common and well-known Red Hat certification is the Red Hat Certified Engineer.
About Red Hat Certifications
1. Red Hat
Certified Technician (RHCT) The entry-level RHCT certification focuses on single-system administration. RHCT is the best first step in establishing Linux credentials and is an ideal initial certification for those transitioning from non-UNIX®/ Linux environments.
2. Red Hat Certified
Engineer (RHCE) program expands the RHCT with a focus on services and security. RHCE is called the crown jewel of Linux certifications, independent surveys have ranked the RHCE program #1 in all of IT.
3. Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) requires an additional five endorsements to the RHCE that adds an enterprise-level focus. From clustering to deploying systems, these five exams ensure the student can deploy systems at the Enterprise level. Red Hat offers a four-day class for each course that can
include the exam on the fifth day.
4. Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS). This certification includes two endorsement exams from the RHCA plus an SELinux exam. It has been offered since 2005-10-13.
Choosing the right certification depends on your background and goals. Whether you have advanced, minimal, or no UNIX or Linux experience whatsoever, Red Hat Training has a training and certification path that is right for you.
Benefits of becoming Red Hat Certified
* Confidence and competence: RHCEs report greater confidence in their skills and better success at building and managing Linux servers. The actual quality of their work and their professionalism improve. They are better at performing their jobs for their employers, can take on more challenging assignments, and they receive recognition for this.
* Career results: RHCEs interviewed also report one or more of the following
within 90 days of earning the RHCE certificate: a new job, a raise, a promotion, increased responsibility, assignment to lead or supervisory role, increased recognition and/or prestige among colleagues.
* Benefits provided directly by Red Hat: Verification services for all certificate holders are provided at Certification Central. RHCEs have exclusive access to RHCE Connection, a special site for RHCEs to receive special offers, discounts and benefits, as well as technical updates and access to resources. Certain other discretionary benefits of certification, such as partner programs between Red Hat and the company at which you may be employed, may require you to maintain certification on the most recent major release or otherwise on a more frequent basis than Red Hat GLS stated policy for individuals.
* Hard dollars: RHCE earn more because of their RHCE, as shown by two recent independent surveys: Computer Reseller News, and Certification Magazine.
Red Hat Exam Structure
Red Hat Courses Covering These Skills
* RH033 Red Hat Linux Essentials covers prerequisite skills, with the exception of TCP/IP fundamentals. The Network Essentials series covers TCP/IP fundamentals
* RH133 Red Hat Linux System Administration covers RHCT-level skills.
* RH253 Red Hat Linux Networking Services and Security covers RHCE-specific skills in networking services and security. Attendees should attend RH133 first.
* Red Hat RHCE Fast Track Course condenses material from RH133 and RH253. Only experienced Linux and UNIX system administrators with background in networking services should attend.
The RHCT exam is a subset of the RHCE exam, and is organized as follows:
* Troubleshooting and System Maintenance — 1 hour
* Installation and Configuration — 2 hours
* In order to earn RHCT, one must successfully complete all the requirements in Troubleshooting and System Maintenance, and must achieve a score of 70 or higher on Installation and Configuration.
For RHCE exams given on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and higher, the exam is organized as follows:
* Troubleshooting and System Maintenance — 2.5 hours
* Installation and Configuration — 3.0 hours
* In order to earn RHCE, one must successfully complete all the RHCT-level Troubleshooting and System Maintenance requirements, and successfully complete enough additional RHCE items to earn a score of 80 or higher overall on the section. In addition, one must score 70 or higher on the RHCT items of Installation and Configuration, and 70 or higher on the RHCE components of that section. at testkingdom.com I have found the best Red Hat Exams Training.
If your preparing for career change and looking for MCTS Training or MCITP Certification the best online training provider that provide the all the and complete MCTS certification exams training in just one package, certkingdom self study training kits, save your money on bootcamps, training institutes, It’s also save your traveling and time. All training materials are “Guaranteed” to pass your exams and get you certified on the fist attempt, due to best training they become no1 site 2009 & 2010.
In addition I recommend Certkindom.com is best and No1 site of 2008 which provide the complete Windows Server 2003 certified professionals training, Microsoft MCITP, Microsoft MCTS, Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCIE, CompTIA A+, IBM, Citrix, PMP, ISC, and lots more online training self study kits, saving your time and money on all those expensive bootcamps, conventional training institutes where you have take admission pay fees first and if you don’t want to continue no refunds no transfer to any other training course, If you planed to take CCNA or specialization in MCSE 2003 all the process starts again; as for getting online training can be much beneficial and you don’t need to take for fill any from to switch your training on any desire certification.